Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- An understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
Duration: One-day programme
Assessment: Multiple choice exam
Ofqual Regulated - Yes
Ofqual Qualification Number:
- Catering: 500/5476/4
- Manufacturing: 500/5091/6
- Retail: 500/5319/X
- Logistics: 601/3717/4
QCF - 1 credit
- Catering: H/502/0132
- Manufacturing: K/502/0181
- Retail: K/502/0178
- Logistics: H/600/6578
Prerequisite - None
Suggested Progression - Level 3 Awards in Food Safety