Who needs this qualification?
All employees who have to carry out any manual handling activities at work, including both industrial and office workers.
Why is this training important?
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, employers are required to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to employees – this includes suitable training. The Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice combines both the theoretical and hands-on elements of the subject and teaches learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities.
- Identify and understand the risks associated with manual handling
- Learn the value of risk assessment and how to apply it
- Make recommendations to manage risks
- Apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
- Duration: One day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice exam and practical assessment
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes
- Ofqual Qualification Number: 501/2001/3
- QCF: 2 credits
- QCF reference: D/602/4593
- Prerequisite: None