Who needs this qualification?
Designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
Why is this training important?
This qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
- Identify the hazards associated with those substances
- Identify the risks and controls available to deal with the substances
- Identify what to expect from a COSHH assessment
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
- Duration: Half day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice exam
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes
- Ofqual Qualification Number: 600/0210/4
- QCF: 1 credit
- QCF reference: Y/502/8521
- Prerequisite: Recommended Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace or equivalent