It gives learners the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
- Guided learning hours (GLH): 5
- Credit Value: 1
- Assessment Method: Multiple-choice examination
- Entry Requirements: There are no prerequisites for this qualification
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) offers over 200 qualifications and is regulated by Ofqual, the Welsh Government, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Accreditation and the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is a family-run business, operating on the core values of quality,value, service and integrity.