Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Guided learning hours (GLH): 10
- Credit Value: 2
- Assessment Method: Multiple-choice examination and practical examination
- Entry Requirements: There are no prerequisites for this qualification
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) offers over 200 qualifications and is regulated by Ofqual, the Welsh Government, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Accreditation and the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is a family-run business, operating on the core values of quality,value, service and integrity.