Who needs this qualification?
All members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
Why is this training important?
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors.
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- Learn basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
- Duration: One day programme
- Assessment: Practical assessment plus multiple choice exam
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes
- Ofqual Qualification Number: 600/4482/2
- QCF: 1 credit
- QCF reference: F/503/7407
- Prerequisite: None