Who needs this qualification?
Appropriate for all employees in the public and private sector whose work brings them into contact with others; including colleagues, customers, members of the public, patients or clients.
Why is this training important?
Work-related violence is on the rise and employers have a duty of care to provide a safe place of work. This is not easy in environments where the potential for conflict and aggression is high.
- Understand the terminology used in conflict resolution
- Knowledge of the laws that apply to businesses and their employees
- Understand the concepts of a safe working environment and how the risk of conflict can be assessed
- Ability to recognise potential confrontational situations and defuse conflicts before they escalate to serious violence
- Appreciate the importance of personal safety
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
- Duration: One day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice exam
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes
- Ofqual Qualification Number: 600/0209/8
- QCF: 1 credit
- QCF reference: K/502/8510
- Prerequisite: None