Level 1 Awards in Food Safety are qualifications intended for learners working in low-risk roles but where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, healthcare workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. The subjects covered are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to ensure good practice and the production of safe food.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping yourself clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand how to keep food safe
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 4
- Assessment Method: Multiple-choice examination
- Entry Requirements: There are no prerequisites for this qualification
Businesses may be eligible to funding worth up to 50% of course fees for this course via the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
Click here to find out more about funding.
Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) offers over 200 qualifications and is regulated by Ofqual, the Welsh Government, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Accreditation and the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is a family-run business, operating on the core values of quality,value, service and integrity.