Health & Safety Courses Delivered for Royal Mail Fleet Technicians
Our experienced health and safety professional, Moira Gelman, recently delivered two courses in Birmingham and Crick for the Royal Mail fleet technicians.
The two-day course included:
- 1 day IOSH Working Safely course
- 1 day health and safety course created specifically for the Royal Mail fleet.
IOSH Working Safely
This course gives those delegates attending an understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Hazards and risk assessments in the workplace
- Health and safety legislation and relevant regulations
- The responsibilities of managers, supervisors and yourself for the management and implementation of safety in the workplace
- Applying principles of good practice in health and safety
- Using effective communication
- How to make sure that health and safety law is obeyed within your own workplace.
More information on this course can be found here.
Royal Mail Specific Course
This course was specifically for the vehicle maintenance technicians and covered:
- H&S at Work Act 1974
- Behavioural safety
- Lifting equipment safely in a vehicle maintenance workshop
- Safe tyre inflation
- Safe movement of people
- COSHH ( Hazardous chemicals)
These were pilot courses with the balance of the courses to be rolled out for around another 150 fleet technicians over the next few months.
One of the attending technicians commented: “Good course to digest and make you aware when returning to your normal place of work to use better practices.”
To see what health and safety training courses are available from SafetyNow click here.